* I got my estimate for Home Improvements
today. It wasn't pretty. Siding (Vinyl - basic nothing fancy) whole house except back porch - $13,937 (this includes everything like window wraps and carport ceiling). Replacing all my windows with the siding job $5,585 (but doing just the 6 I need most would be about $3,000). This is a Home Depot installation. He estimated payment of $106 for I think 88 months.... at 13.9% interest. Not - I could put it on my credit card for 10% - but I'd get a home improvement or equity loan. One thing I do have is excellent credit. :-) Needless to say, back to the drawing board. There's no way I can commit to that amount. I'm going to get two more estimates - then rethink my plan. I'll probably get some emergency siding put on the bad side of the house - then make a plan to save for the next year to pay for half of this in cash (or less if I can get a better quote) I gotta say - while it was as bad as I expected, it was good therapy to do it. I didn't turn into a stone and crumble into a million pieces when I saw the $$ amount afterall :-)
* The Main Mama Hen layed a torpedo
yesterday. Almost 3 ounces. Here is a picture comparing it to what her competition is laying. Today I got 8 eggs - all with good shells, so the embryo eggs hopefully are a thing of the past. I did pick up layer mash and oyster shell grit today though.
* Did anybody catch todays episode of God's Warriors on CNN
? They did the Jewish
, segment, and it was enlightening (no pun intended). I'm glad to see this type of coverage. I was just glad to see someone put it out there - the fact that the settlements are basically illegal, that our government is sending billions of dollars to the settlements even when we officially condemn them, that all our congressmen and senators are afraid to speak out about what is right there out in the open for fear of being labeled anti-semite.
* I found more cantaloupes hiding in the tomato vines. When I try to grow melons I'm a complete failure. I guess the trick is throwing out old moldy melon pulp and waiting for the bionic melon vines the following year. I also harvested August tomatoes. August tomatoes are better than no tomatoes at all. See the dime in comparison with the cherry tomatoes - they don't get much smaller than that - and they are very sweet.
* Today the temperature was101F
, so I got minimal stuff done outside. I'm going to try and go to sleep now and get up super early so I can do some garden work. Fall is coming!!!! - I have to get the garden ready for planting, and I want to finally level and laydown weed barrier around the perimeter of the garden (doubtful I'll complete that tomorrow with all the other things I have to do - but I can at least try). I was wanting to see Dark Knight at IMAX tomorrow evening, but I don't know..... maybe I won't - such a long drive just for a movie.