* Yesterday we had the monthly potluck at work. I really should call in sick on this day since I have no self control at the buffet table. I made a relish tray with homemade dips. Everyone else brought things that were 5,000 calories per serving and up.I went to visit my cousin Mellie in Austin today.
* After a delicious lunch at an Indian restauratnt we went to Texas Natural Supply
which turned out not to be an actual store but just a warehouse where you could pick up the order you placed online. They had a PC in the lobby, and I placed my order online there - and we came back to pick it up. I'll know better for next time :-) I bought Lye, Coconut oil, Palm Oil, Almond Oil, Lavender flowers, Tomato powder, Epsom Salt, and a couple other things - mostly to make soap with (though the epsom salt is for the garden).
* We then stopped at a cactus & ecclectic art shop where I bought an awkward looking baby ponytail plant.
* Next we went to The Natural Gardener
which should be off limits to people like me. We walked arount the grounds and checked out the various gardens and farm animals. Since I'm pretty much broke I limited myself to 5 baby Lavender plants and a solar chinese lantern. I could have spent soooooo much more.
(you saw them here first - give them a year or two..... they'll be big beautiful lavender bushes)
* In the early evening we went to Mellies Church
where she was speaking that night. This is a spiritual community I can very much relate too. It's too bad it's so far away. I might still find a way to attend services once a month.
* On the way home I couldn't resist stopping and figuring out what the "PLUS" was at HEB Plus in Kyle. Turns out it's a bunch of extra stuff people who are grocery shopping don't need. For instance................
This was a full display of well over 100 cans of Scorpian killer; what I caught in the camera was only the top of it.. When I saw this I wondered if there was some plague of scorpians happening in Kyle that the rest of Texas wasn't aware of. My next thought was what do you need spray for - they don't fly..... they don't move very fast - can't you just squash them underfoot and leave the atmosphere with a few less chemicals?
* So I made it home safe - a few dollars poorer - - but well worth it.