Here are the highlights of what is currently going on in my life......
* I seem to be on a working program to get down to my healthy weight. Super excited about this. I will be doing a post about the plan I devised.
* I've made a significant routine change this month that I think is going to be permanent. I am now waking up at 5 to 5:30 am and spending quiet time alone before Marcel gets up at 7am. I use the time mostly at the computer doing my daily MyFitnessPal Blog Post
, staying caught up on my email (an ongoing issue for me), and planning my day. The bonus is that it's very easy to fall asleep at night now.....
* I've been active with Indivisible protesting some of (all of?) our current president and his administration's policies. I also started to volunteer to work with the local Democrat group, but after the event coming up at the end of the month I'm going to stop. I'm not a Democrat (even though I agree with much of their basic platform), and I have not been feeling very comfortable. I will do support for individual Democratic candidates running against Republicans in the future, but no more the Democratic Party as a whole.
* I am doing more baking for the farm stand these days. It's on a very small scale, and I'm really not making any money (paying for ingredients and supplies mostly). The neighborhood is supporting it, and it's giving me a lot of experience. Last week was all about brownies.
* Marcel and I are boarding dogs at the Bauernhof through Rover.com. This has been an awesome experience! Never mind the money - we love hanging with the dogs and it is terrific company for Hilda who is wonderful with other dogs. I want to do a post for each stay we do and save them with the tag "Rover".
* I'm slowly getting the house and my life decluttered and organized. The older I get, the more of an issue this is. The extra stuff is just weighing me down so much. It hasn't been easy, and it's been a slow process mostly, I imagine, because I have that Hoarder gene that I got from my mother's side of the family....... I want to do a proper post on this project/subject; I think that will be motivating.
* I'm currently doing a class through Futurelearn: Body Weight: How Our Brain, Behavior and Genetics Influence Appetite and Food Choices.
* My niece Jerrica, who has been living with us for the past couple years or so since my sister passed away, told me she will be moving to Florida to live with her sister. I am very happy about this! Not that I am happy to see her leave us, but that she is taking the next step towards adulthood. What a wonderful human being she is - flawed like all of us are - and working towards her better self. My sister would be so proud of her.
I'm sure there's more, but this is what comes to mind this early in the morning. When I look over the things going on in my life I have to smile. I kind of love that I live such a simple common life. When I see how people like Oprah or the Trumps live, I feel fortunate. There are challenges, but all in all - I'm beyond happy with the life I have.